Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday - Real Quick

       So, I heard somewhere that it's a good idea to write your expectations of the day in the morning and then write what actually happened at night. It's probably a good way to gage our lack of control over life, so here goes...
      
       I'll start with a confession. I have been a slacker. Yep. I have. I sat on my butt all day yesterday. We went to church in the morning and then I made blueberry pancakes for the babies. And then I sat in the corner of the couch for most of the rest of the day. I spent a ridiculous amount of time commenting on ridiculous posts in my Sept birth club forum on BabyCenter. And, at the end of the day I surveyed the damage. It was pretty bad. You just can't sit down for too long when you have 3 kiddos and not have the house explode. Today, I decided it would feel much better to get off my butt. The "to-do" list is long. There are dishes, and laundry and bathrooms - Oh my! Not to mention dusting and windows and floors and that roll-top desk that so easily collects things.

       As for my expectations.... my expectation is to get a few of these things...um...started (laundry and dishes are never  actually "done"). I expect to be interrupted - and rightly so. I expect that I will have to slow down and let the babies "help". :) I expect to have more fun in the real world than I did on the virtual world of forums yesterday. I expect I will let myself stop to read a book or push the babies on the swing set. I expect that someone will "unexpectedly" stop by. And, I hope that at the end of the day my house looks a little bit cleaner, my kids are a bit happier at not having a lazy mama. And, I will feel a bit better about cuddling with my husband on the couch to watch Cosby or whatever it is tonight because relaxing is much more rewarding when you have actually done some working beforehand.

       I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment